28 Aug 135: From “Why Me” to “Oh, Me”: Healing Autoimmune Disorders with Andrea Nakayama
Do you struggle with autoimmune disorders? You’re not alone!
So many of my listeners struggle with autoimmune diseases, so in this episode of The Dr. Kinney Show, I sat down with Andrea Nakayama, a functional nutritionist to have a chat all about autoimmunity.
Andrea has a really cool way of looking at the body and she’s going to share some ways that you can adjust and begin to heal your body.
As the host of the 15-Minute Matrix Podcast and the founder of Functional Nutrition Alliance, Andrea is leading thousands of students and practitioners around the globe in a revolution to offer better solutions to the growing chronic illness epidemic.
By highlighting the importance of systems biology, root cause methodology, and therapeutic partnerships, she helps historically underserved individuals reclaim ownership of their health.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Andrea’s journey into functional nutrition
- How we can move from “Why me?” to “Oh, me!” when suffering from these types of illnesses
- Andrea’s unique view on autoimmunity and the “roots” of chronic illness
- Our own interconnectivity and how we need to be nourishing our bodies
- The nitty-gritty of how exactly autoimmune diseases happen
- How infectious diseases play into autoimmune diseases
- The importance of advocating for yourself and having a provider who supports you
- The mental shift we have to make when working with autoimmune diseases
I hope you enjoyed this conversation with Andrea! Remember, if you are going through issues with autoimmune diseases, it’s so important to have a practitioner helping you through it. This is not something you need to weather alone!
Where We Can Connect:
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to follow today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the show, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every one!
Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy