01 Jan 151: Overcoming Incontinence Using Pelvic Floor Therapy with Dr. Gina Hahn
Do you struggle with incontinence?
Many women experience this for many reasons. In this episode of The Dr. Kinney Show, I sat down with Dr. Gina Hahn who is a doctor of Physical Therapy and we’re going to talk a little bit about incontinence, particularly in women who are about to go through menopause or who are going through menopause as well as how physical therapy can be a huge help with the situation
Dr. Gina Hahn is a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy and Kettlebell Coach. She is an expert in treating pelvic health symptoms and chronic pain that impact peeing, pooping, pleasure, pregnancy and postpartum.
She approaches physical therapy with a coaching mindset by creating a game plan with you from where you are now to where you want to be, and then holds you accountable throughout your journey.
She recently left private practice to join the great team at FX Physical Therapy where she now accepts health insurance. You can work with her in the Annapolis office located inside Evolutions gym.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- What pelvic floor therapy is and how it helps your body
- The other issues that pelvic floor therapy can help with
- How incontinence and painful sex are interconnected
- The power of being able to relax the muscles in your pelvic floor
- Why sex is actually good for your physical health
- The best lubrication for your pelvic floor
- Things you can do at home to help your pelvic floor relax
- What causes pelvic floor issues in postpartum women
- How to choose the right exercise for your pelvic floor health
I hope you enjoyed learning about the health of your pelvic floor with Dr. Hahn! If you want to learn more from her or find out how you can work with her, make sure to visit her website and follow her on Instagram.
Where We Can Connect:
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to follow today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the show, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every one!
Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy