29 May 128: Why Weightlifting Should be a Part of Your Fitness Routine with Tara De Leon
Is weightlifting a part of your fitness routine?
In this episode of The Dr. Kinney Show, I sat down with Tara De Leon who is an amazing personal trainer to talk about why you should be weightlifting regularly and all the incredible things it can do for your body!
Tara De Leon is an award-winning personal trainer who helps people feel badass and confident by teaching them to lift heavy weights. Tara has worked in the health, wellness, and fitness industry for 21 years, doing everything from teaching college courses, training clients in the gym, and coaching Division 1 athletes as a strength and conditioning coach.
She regularly presents at fitness conferences and was named Best Prenatal Fitness, Best Personal Trainer, and Best Lifestyle Coach for the past four years. Tara lives in Edgewater with her amazing husband, Marcus, son Maverick, and Aussie pup, Chula. She loves traveling, jet skiing, spending time on the water, and reef keeping.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Why everyone in the world should have a personal trainer
- The health benefits of cardio vs. weight lifting
- The stress you put on your body and the importance of balancing your workouts
- The optimal time of day to get your workout in
- How strength training increases your basal metabolic rate
- How weight training transforms your self-confidence
- The age you should start weightlifting
- The ideal weight training program
- Why baby steps and consistency are the most important aspects of weight training
I hope you enjoyed this episode with Tara! Weight training can do wonders for your self-confidence and health. I hope this inspired you to get out there and pick up some weights!
Where We Can Connect:
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to follow today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to follow on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the show, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every one!
Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy